At CSi Advisory Services, we seek to improve retirement outcomes for the plan participants we serve. In addition to encouraging employers to utilize plan design features such as automatic enrollment and automatic deferral increases, we employ a variety of methods to engage and educate participants, including group education, one-on-one meetings, personalized retirement gap analysis, webinars and newsletters. The scenarios below offer a glimpse into why advice matters.
Dave was behind on retirement planning and hadn't put together a financial plan.
- Built emergency savings fund
- Enjoyed family vacations
- Purchased car with his savings
- Saved for his two children's college, including one child's doctoral program
- Planned for Social Security filing and Medicare eligibility
- Retired early at age 62
Sam and Raquel got married this year. Sam is a high earner and the couple recently moved to Indiana from out of state. As a young couple, it was important to them to review and discuss their finances in detail. Their goals include starting a family (both a baby and a dog!) purchasing a second home on the lake, and retirement.
- Sam began maxing out his 401(k) contribution
- Raquel began contributing to her 403(b)
- Consolidated previous retirement accounts
- Back door ROTH conversion on Sam's traditional IRA
- Established joint investment account and making recurring contributions
- Adding Term Life Insurance for Sam
When Brenda joined her employer in 2001 at age 50, she had considerable debt and no retirement savings.
- Enrolled in plan and contributed to receive the full match
- Increased deferrals each year until she maxed out
- Paid off her mortgage prior to retiring
- Retired in 2019 at age 68
Jamie had been with her employer since 2004, but didn't have her first meeting with CSi until 2021. She had been wanting to make a rollover to her prior employer's 401(k) plan, but was struggling with how to initiate the request. In need of assistance, Jamie decided to sign up for a 20 minute one-on-one meeting with a CSi advisor.
- Completed the rollover request
- Updated investments to reflect her goals
- Updated beneficiary to her husband
- Increased deferral rate to get the company match
- Added automatic deferral increase feature to meet her savings goal over time
Download Full Case Study Here:
CSi Case Study- Participant Outcomes
Download PDF • 496KB